Position objective: Coordinate State Council and State Organization activities for assigned states in district. Working with internal and external stakeholders, identify and develop outreach and engagement strategies that enhance ACT’s standing, showcase ACT solutions and have the potential to lead to new revenue opportunities either at the state or district level. Establish and build key relationships with state influencers, thought leaders, and grassroots advocates to inform state strategy, extend and expand presence in the state, and galvanize local and state support for ACT efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical work-related activities include:
- Manages, builds, and establishes key relationships with state influencers, decision makers, thought leaders, and grassroots advocates to support statewide ACT Council/Organization efforts, monitor state legislation and policies for opportunities/threats that may impact ACT
- Promote and communicate State Organization priorities to ACT leadership and ensure state priorities align with ACT corporate initiatives
- In collaboration with internal teams, develop and execute a state strategy to generate new opportunities in non-contract states and grow opportunities in contract states
- Communicate regularly with State Organization/Council leadership including the dissemination of ACT materials, research papers, resources, and other pertinent information
- Produce and distribute state specific updates to State Organization/Council members
- Coordinate and lead State Council meetings
- Work with State and Federal Programs and other internal team members to support dissemination of information to key state policy constituents (e.g., state departments of education, governor’s offices, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison to internal teams for strategic decision making regarding government relations, research, product development, market research, and others as required
- Conduct ongoing state assessment, measurement, local information, and competitive analysis to provide advice and strategic support to leadership that can drive future business decisions at the state level
- Develop State Organization meeting materials and content as necessary
- In collaboration with internal units, identify opportunities for new business, risk assessment for potential at-risk existing business and/or analyzing competitive intelligence to develop and inform strategy to drive business opportunities
- Work closely with internal team members and business units to ensure coordination of state opportunities.
- Support State Organization and State and Federal Program efforts to develop and execute effective policy and advocacy related plans
- Respond to internal and external data and information inquiries.
- Deliver ACT-hosted events for state leaders, influencers, supporters, and grassroots advocates
- Represent ACT with key influencers and build a network of support for ACT
- Identify, plan, and execute an outreach strategy for key state influencers, educators, workforce members, policy and business influencers – especially in non-contract states that could help lead to new opportunities in the state
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding corporate information
- Provide excellent service and , professional communications to all stakeholders
- Travel as directed to host meetings, convene stakeholders, support internal teams, or attend other meetings
- Maintain a working knowledge of ACT products and solutions
- Maintain a working knowledge of state compliance, lobbying laws and regulations