The Senior Server Engineer acts as a Tower technology subject matter expert and provides provider oversight on the implementation of the Linux Server technology strategy.. This job requires a highly skilled subject matter expert who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, provide strategic thought leadership, lead and mentor others, drive results, and provide process expertise allowing them to monitor and manage the consistency of technology provisioning with the technology implementation.
Typical work-related activities include:
Infrastructure Strategy and Management
- Oversees and maintains primary responsibility and technical oversight for the engineering, configuration, implementation, and maintenance in Server, AWS Cloud, and storage platforms with heavy focus on the Unix\Linux\AIX platforms
- Work with internal teams for system design and solutions on projects
- Perform integration of Operating System and COTS for custom in-house developed products
- Perform full integration of DevOps tools that support continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Ensure that policies and procedures with the provider(s) are in place and followed for all ITIL processes, including planning, design, implementation and maintenance
- Collaborate with other IT service and technology groups, business, and the Provider to drive technology and service integration
- Participates in content development in response to RFPs and/or RFIs and white papers
Relationship Management and Operational Management
- Provide leadership and broad oversight for Provider(s) development of Servers, AWS Cloud, and Storage services in alignment with technology road maps for medium term and medium-high risk activities that align and support ACT’s business requirements working with Managed Services provider(s).
- Maintain awareness of issues between ACT and the Provider(s), and act as escalation point for medium-high risk relationship issues related to Servers, AWS Cloud, and Storage.
- Review Provider(s) evaluation results and works with IT Infrastructure Lead to make selection decisions for purchasing the Provider services, systems software, service development, and continued maintenance of such systems for Servers, AWS Cloud, and Storage.
- Work with business to identify opportunities to add business value and improve cost effectiveness of IT services for Servers, AWS Cloud, and Storage
- Be accountable for influencing and informing multiple key project sponsors and stakeholders of the status of projects, and broker solution information through processes such as enterprise architecture, peer groups, formal and informal networks, and documented design best practices.
- Manage the delivery of the Service Providers and ensure that our request are handled promptly while providing ample communication to business partners to maintain expectations.
- Accountable for ensuring infrastructure technology complies with Enterprise Architecture framework for medium-high risk and complex projects.
- Working with the Provider(s) to leverage substantial business and technical knowledge across the team by creating the atmosphere for best practices, and driving initiatives to optimize efficiencies, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Support innovation and change by leading technical and business presentations for multiple key stakeholders.