The Vice President of Strategy is tasked with the formulation, development and implementation of organizational strategies and supporting process and policies. This highly collaborative role interfaces with executive leadership, internal team members, and external thought leaders. The Vice President of Strategy leads cross-functional teams across a range of complex project types with multiple components. These may include but are not limited to strategy design and planning, valuation and business case development, mission and vision refinement, and environmental and competitive monitoring.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Work the executive management team to develop, translate, build and monitor cohesive strategies for the company; Keep pace with advances and changes in all areas of the business, and take advantage of those that will increase the company’s mission and profitability. Look for signals both inside and outside the company that could indicate threats to continued success or opportunities to grow the business and increase market share.
- Leverage integrated communications capabilities to inspire and empower the organization to achieve company strategy; provide guidance, counsel, and direction to all personnel as it relates to company strategy.
- Develop and maintain key industry relationships supporting strategic thought leadership and new business development for the company; represent ACT’s strategic interests on governance boards as appropriate
- Continuously monitor company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced; work with CFO and CCO to create various projections and forecasts based on current trends and future expectations, as well as leveraging the combined insights of internal and external resources.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues. Research and conduct environmental scans, financial analyses, technical analysis, operational and strategic evaluations, pro forma alternative strategies and scenario modeling for new or existing products and services in competitive markets.
- Identify competitive landscapes, long-term planning and strategy to optimize the company's position. Works with market research to conduct pricing studies and modeling for new or existing products and services.
- Manage a consistent, accepted approach to business strategy, modeling, and analysis.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports and presentations on business strategy to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Engage key company constituents in the planning and implementation of assigned projects and integration of business strategy.
- Coach, mentor and evaluate the Strategy team; ensure that department functions productively and efficiently as a team. Maintain high morale and provide safe working conditions for all employees.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO in the best interest of ACT.